Group Mentors are volunteers who are willing to coach proponents through the newsgroup creation process.
- help proponents understand the newsgroup creation process, clarify their proposals, and meet the minimal standards for a formal proposal.
- sort incoming proposals, reject those that are inappropriate for the Big-8, correspond with proponents, ensure that proposals become properly formatted.
- maintain the newsgroup creation queue on the website.
- maintain and publish the guidelines for group creation and a FAQ or FAQs designed to help people understand the process.
Contact address: email@example.com
Coordinator: Tim Skirvin
- Doug Freyburger
- Jayne Kulikauskas
- Steve Bonine
- Brian Edmonds
- Jonathan Kamens
- Marty Moleski (sorting the mail at present)
- Dave Sill
This list may be out-of-date; a complete list is available here.